1. There is no entry fee. One entry per person (One dog registered to each person, and must have 2 handlers; you may enter more than one dog as long as each dog has 2 handlers).
2.Check in time for the event is between 11:30 am and 12:30 pm at Headwaters Park. Any dog failing to check in by 12:30 pm will be replaced by an alternate. The event begins at 1pm.
3. The Wienerdog Nationals Contest will be held Saturday, June 11, 2022. All contestants must be on a leash except during competition. Each contestant must have two (2) handlers and their distemper shots. One handler will hold their dog at starting line while other handler will go past the finish line where they will call the dog. At the go signal when the starting board drops, the handler will release the dog. The first dog to cross the finish line wins. The track length is fifty (50) feet. Competition is single elimination bracketing, with the runner ups from each bracket to compete for 3rd place and the winners from each bracket to compete for 1st and 2nd place. An absolute maximum of 2 heats of sixty four (64) dogs may compete (total 128). Owners are allowed to bring a toy (or the like to “tempt” the contestant, but that toy must not interfere with the performance of the competing contestant. All owners are required to sign a release form prior to the race.
4. Employees of the radio stations, promotional sponsors, and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this contest.
5. Winners are responsible for any prize obligation (taxes, etc.) and must meet all eligibility requirements.
6. Winners consent to allow Germanfest Committee of Fort Wayne Inc. the use of their name, voice and or likeness for promotional advertisements for the event with no monetary or other compensation.
7. Winners must waive any and all claims of liability against Germanfest Committee of Fort Wayne,Inc. for any personal injury or loss, which may occur from participation in the contest or from the use of any prize. Winners must sign a liability form that releases the Germanfest Committee of Fort Wayne and related entities from any liability.
8. Winners must be 18 years of age and be able to produce proper identification to claim a prize. The winner is responsible for all taxes, insurance, title and any additional fees.
9. No cash or substitute prize will be awarded in lieu of the advertised prize. Prizes are non-transferable. If a winner cannot accept the prize offered, he/she shall forfeit the prize, and another winner will be selected. If a winner does not meet eligibility requirements, another winner will be selected.
10. Participants in this contest agree to the above rules, as well as any additional rules, which may be implemented.
11. Decision of the judges is final.
1p – Races begin!
*Please note: Dogs are not allowed in the beer tent (Headwaters East Pavilion)
330 S Clinton St, Fort Wayne, IN 46802